Sunday, August 9, 2009

My boy is 3!












Mike melts my heart. What more can I say about my son. He has made me smile since the day he was born. I realize he is still a typical, stubborn, now 3 year old, toddler but he just radiates personality. Because of his initial shy disposition, a lot of people don't get to see the side of Mike that I see. He is my jokster, my cuddlebug, and my smiley guy. I remember how hard it was to get him here. But I will admit, sometimes I worry I don't remember well enough. When you go from not being able to get pregnant at all, to suddenly (or it feels sudden) being overwhelmed by the little ones, you worry that maybe you take them for granted. I always prayed that someday I would feel overwhelmed with small children. Now my prayer is to remember to enjoy it and not take everything so serious. Mike helps me with that. His favorite phrase right now is, "But mom, I NEED to". For example, " Mike, stop eating the cookie dough!" "But mom, I NEED to". "Mike, stop dumping out all of your toys!" "But mom, I NEED to". "Mike, please don't wake Chloe up from her nap!" "But mom, I NEED to". I probably hear the phrase about 30 times a day. It makes me laugh every time.

I love the boy! If I could, I would just freeze him. So, just a shout out to Mike, that I love him and Happy Birthday!



One thing about Michael- he adores his baby sister. In fact, he insists on feeding her.












This is what she looks like when he is done. Messy, but happy!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Jen, I NEED to tell you how I love this post. Mike is a cutie, but then all of your kids are. I NEED to tell you what a terrific Mom you are. Yes, I NEED to...